Make the most of your summer by filling out a fun and FREE summer bucket list printable + 40 summer bucket list ideas!
Although summer doesn’t “officially” start until later this month, I mean come on, it’s SUMMER!!! The temperatures are soaring, the sun is shining, and I even saw my first firefly last weekend – aww! (Northwesterners, are we still sure fireflies don’t exist where you live?!)
This is the first summer Lincoln’s been truly excited and anxious to get out and about everyday (the first thing he asks after waking up is, “what are we doing today?“) That said, I want to make each day count because when we’re tucking him into bed at night he asks, “what was your favorite part of the day?” and when we turn the question back on him, there’s nothing more satisfying than hearing him say whatever fun thing we did that day was (vs, I don’t know, watching Mickey’s Three Musketeers, for instance. 😝)
Thanks to some insanely amazing May weather, we’ve already had a chance to fill our days and weekends with summery activities like making popsicles, going to the pool, attending a baseball game, grilling any chance we get, taking long walks, attempting to fish, running through the sprinkler, and visiting the Farmer’s Market.
Oh, and teaching Lincoln the virtues of cleanliness (aka adding a couple squirts of soap into his water table as it filled it up then watching him play independently with the suds for an hour. YES!)
Although we’ve already got a running start there’s still so much to do, so I thought I’d write a Summer Bucket List so we don’t find ourselves turning to each other every morning or Friday night and asking, “what should we do today/this weekend?” Some of the activities are specific to the Central Iowa area, but I know you’ll get some good ideas for where you live, too.
Oh, and don’t miss the last bucket list item! 😊
Additionally I created a FREE Summer Bucket List printable so you and your friends and family can write out your own bucket list to tackle this summer!
2016 Summer Bucket List
Attend a summer concert
- Play mini golf
- Visit Reimen Gardens
- Find a Sunday night tradition (other than sulking on the couch)
Catch fireflies with Lincoln
- Take a “babymoon” weekend with Ben
Visit a trail oustide our neighborhood
- Go to the pool 1x week
- Ride the Union Park Carousel
- Read 3 books (at least!)
- Go to an(other) I-Cubs game
- CATCH. A. FREAKING. FISH.
- Visit the Omaha Zoo
- Visit Living History Farms
Have a picnic See Finding Dory Shop the Valley Junction Farmers Market
- Go camping
- Walk around the Iowa State University campus
- Go boating/kayaking/paddle boating
- Go to Deuling Pianos
- Get a slushie at the Dairy Stripe in Adel
Go berry picking Attend the Art Festival
- Go on at least 3 date nights with Ben
Make a 4th of July Craft
- Walk the High Trestle Bridge Trail in the evening
- Visit Effigy Mounds
- Teach Lincoln to ride a trike (Lord, help me!)
- Attend the Indianola National Balloon Classic
- Go to Sunday Tunes at Summerset Winery (although this might be a little too torturous!)
Visit the Jester Park Natural Playscape– LOVED!!
- Go bowling
- Take a family vacation
- Visit the zoo
- Attend the (one and only) Iowa State Fair
- Creek walk at The Ledges
Go to a 4th of July Parade
- Roast hot dogs over a bonfire
- Choose a name for our little…BOY! Yes, yes, yes – baby #2 is another boy and we are so excited that Lincoln is going to have a little brother!! With so many gents in both Ben’s and my family, we figured it was more likely than a girl, and we’re just so excited. Growing up with two brothers, and raising Lincoln so far, I just feel like I know boys. Although three against one? I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me! ;)
Tell me, what summer bucket list items and events did I miss? How do YOU celebrate summer?