Growing up I had the same hobbies and interests as other kids my age like dance, soccer, reading, gymnastics and the like, as well as some, well, nontraditional hobbies.
Hobbies like collecting anythingandeverythingrubberstamps in herds of caboodles, including one just for my embossing powders which you could sprinkle over wet-stamp ink, then hold over a hot burner causing it to melt and solidify into a 3-D shape of the stamp. Yeeeah.
Hobbies like imagining different career paths for myself than researching everything I could to learn more about them. FYI if you ever need to know what it takes to become an astronaut-dentist-phone switch operator at the White House, I’m your woman.
Hobbies like writing fan mail to “celebrities” like the Queen of England, Arsenio Hall, and, wait for it, Dave Coulier from Full House. Uncle Joey! Like, couldn’t I have at least written to hunky Uncle Jesse? And Arsenio Hall? What did I even say in his letter? I like your fist pump??
The craziest part is that “they” all wrote back. That’s right, I definitely had signed headshots of Uncle Joey, Arsenio, and the Royal Family taped to my closet door, right next to Jonathon Taylor Thomas and Kirk Cameron. Didn’t you?
Anyway, I have a new fan letter to write, and it’s addressed to Lazy Girls Ravioli Lasagna. The letter shall read something like this:
Dear Lazy Girls Ravioli Lasagna, Hi. My name’s Kristin, and I’m your biggest fan. The way you layer marinara sauce, frozen ravioli, seasoned ground beef, and cheese, then come out tasting like I slaved over a traditional lasagna all day tickles me pink.
See, lasagna is one of my favorite comfort foods, but sometimes I just to don’t want to take the time to boil a box of noodles, mix up a batch of cheese filling, then get all messy layering everything together. Your muss and fuss-free shortcut of using frozen cheese ravioli to bypass these steps is not only time saving, but absolutely delicious.
Nobody knew the difference and I took all the credit. You’re the best.
Write back soon! Love, IGE
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Lazy Girl’s Ravioli Lasagna
Lazy Girl's Ravioli Lasagna uses frozen cheese ravioli in place of boiled noodles and cheese filling. Total time saver, and nobody will know the difference!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- garlic salt
- 24oz marinara sauce
- 1-1/2lbs frozen mini cheese ravioli (Do not thaw. Could use normal sized ravioli too)
- 6oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, seasoning with garlic salt and pepper, until no longer pink. Drain then return to the skillet and set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Add 1/3 the frozen ravioli, ground beef, sauce, and cheese. Repeat layers two more times.
- Cover with a sheet of non-stick sprayed foil then bake for 1 hour. Remove foil then bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Hearty, easy, and so, so yummy!