Hey everyone – FYI, Monday’s OVAH!
I’m glad you guys were interested in the sprint interval treadmill routine from this morning! This can absolutely be modified to any level, by the way. Don’t feel comfortable going 8, 9 or 10 mph? Scale it back! That’s why I love workout routines – they give me a place to start, then I can customize to fit my needs. :)
I’m actually really glad I got my workout done this morning because it was NASTY out today! We’re talking more snow, more ice and more wind. Luckily, I walked in the door to a dinner that was the exact opposite. It was creamy, hot and nice – Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup!
Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
Serves 6-8. Based off of this recipe.
5 medium-large sized red potatoes, chopped in 1″ pieces
5 cups chicken broth
1/2 large onion, chopped
Salt & pepper
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup corn kernels
6 strips bacon, cooked & chopped
1. Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion and seasonings in crock pot. Cook on low for 9 hours.
2. Mash potatoes in crock pot and add milk, cheese, butter, corn and bacon. Season to taste with more salt & pepper.
3. Serve garnished with cheese, bacon, scallions, cracked pepper or sour cream!
I have been searching high and low for years, in search of a good baked potato soup recipe – I think this is it!
- It’s made in a crock pot. ‘Nuff said!
- It’s souper creamy, flavorful and EASY.
- I had all the ingredients already on hand!
This soup was an absolute breeze to make, and honestly you would not believe how delicious it smelled when I walked in the door. Who know chicken broth, potatoes and some seasoning could smell so good?!
Looking for more crock pot recipes? Check these out!
- Chicken Tortilla Crock Pot Soup
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwich
- Shredded BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Apricot Chicken
So yesterday I made a bold move and cleaned out my freezer. It’s soooo much better (I just typed butter) now. See that little vent in the back? It was completely covered before!
PLUS, it now contains Fudge Bars. I cringe at the word “lite” – seriously I would feel better if it was spelled “light” – but anyways, these are amazing! Creamy, chocolatey, perfection. They were 3/$5 at the store yesterday, but I showed constraint and only got 2 boxes. ;)
Well tonight = no Gossip Girl. I know. What, I say WHAT, am I going to do? I don’t think new episodes are on until late January either. The horror!!
What’s your favorite potato dish?