Unlike permed bangs and neon everything, this recipe for The Best Fruit Dip EVER has stood the test of time. My family and I have been eating this sweet and yummy dip since the 80s!
Fruit Dip is a mixture of softened cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and orange juice concentrate. The texture is super whippy while the flavor is best described as marshmallow cheesecake meets orange creamsicle. (HUBBA HUBBA.)
Serve Fruit Dip with fresh fruit and dippers…or a giant spoon!
Fruit Dip Ingredients
- Marshmallow Fluff: Also known as Marshmallow Creme. I prefer using the “Marshmallow Fluff” brand of marshmallow creme, found at World Market, since it’s gluten free.
- Softened Cream Cheese: I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese though full fat is just fine. It’s important that your cream cheese is VERY SOFT before mixing with the other ingredients otherwise you can end up with little lumps.
- Orange Juice Concentrate: Just a couple tablespoons of frozen >> thawed orange juice concentrate takes this fruit dip from incredible to phenomenal. Use the remaining concentrate to make a jug of OJ!
Why is My Fruit Dip Lumpy?
Again, if your cream cheese is not totally soft at room temperature, your fruit dip can end up with little lumps. They taste fine but a smooth and creamy dip is part of the presentation! If you DO have little lumps, let the dip sit out for 20 minutes then blast through it again with a hand held mixer fitted with regular beaters, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
What to Serve with Fruit Dip
The short answer is any fruit you want (or, again, a very large spoon. 😂) Typically though, we’ve always served fruit dip with the following fresh fruit and dippers:
- Pineapple chunks
- Apple slices
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
How Long Does Fruit Dip Last
Fruit Dip can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. If the orange juice concentrate separates a bit, just give the whole thing a big stir. Voila, good as new!
How to Make Fruit Dip
Like I said, all you need is 3 ingredients to make fruit dip:
- Cream cheese that’s been softened to room temperature.
- Marshmallow fluff/Marshmallow Creme
- Frozen orange juice concentrate that’s been thawed.
Step 1: Mix Up the Fruit Dip
Scoop the marshmallow fluff into a large bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Next add the softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate then whisk until very smooth. Feel free to use electric beaters if you want it to come together even faster.
Step 2: Chill the Fruit Dip Before Serving
Chill the fruit dip for several hours or overnight then scoop into a serving bowl and present with all your favorite fruits and berries. I hope you love this totally yummy and easy fruit dip recipe – enjoy!
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Whip Fruit Dip >
- No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip >
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Cheesecake Ball >
- Snickerdoodle Almond Butter >
- Fruit and Marshmallow Holiday Salad >
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
The Best Fruit Dip
The Best Fruit Dip is made from 3 everyday ingredients. Pair this easy fruit dip with your favorite fruit for dipping and dig in!
- 7oz gluten-free marshmallow fluff
- 8oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Fruit for dipping: strawberries, grapes, pineapple, apples, berries, melon
- Spoon marshmallow fluff into a large, microwave safe bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Whisk in softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate until very smooth then chill for several hours or overnight. Serve with assorted fruit.
- Be sure your cream cheese is very, VERY soft before making this recipe!
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.