Cheeseburger Quesadillas are the perfect way to use up leftover ground beef. This easy dinner recipe goes from fridge to table in 20 minutes!
I believe that everybody has at least one dish in their back pocket that they make exceptionally well – something they’re known to whip up better than anyone else. I consider myself somewhat of a grilled chicken expert, while Ben’s Beefy Mansagna is always a hit. That’s right, Ben’s Beefy Mansagna is the HUGE ground beef and mozzarella cheese-packed lasagna that Ben is known for making the minute he finds out a friend or family member is in need. It is the best (and so is he).
Earlier this week I recruited him to make a mansagna for a friend who had a health scare in her family and we had about a cup of ground beef leftover at the end. Instead of tossing it back into the fridge where it would inevitably be forgotten about for a week, I decided to use in Cheeseburger Quesadillas. Holy cow (har) we loved these!
Seasoned ground beef is stirred together with ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce then layered in a tortilla with chopped tomatoes, pickles, onions, and cheese, and crisped until golden brown in a hot skillet. Wanna add bacon or your other favorite cheeseburger toppings? GO FOR IT!
These could not have been easier and turned out to be the perfect way to use up that extra ground beef that would have undoubtedly gone to waste PLUS get the flavor of a classic cheeseburger without all the fuss. DOUBLE YUM.
Tips for Making Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Pick your cheese. Shredded sharp cheddar cheese works best if you’re going the classic cheeseburger route but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. This is a great clean out the fridge meal!
- Hate mustard? If you’re not a mustard fan, feel free to use all ketchup and Worcestershire sauce – do use a tiny bit less Worcestershire sauce as it’s on the salty side.
- Super crispy ‘dillas. The secret to getting SUPER crispy quesadillas is cooking them slowly on medium heat.
How to Make This Recipe
Start the Cheeseburger Quesadillas by browning 1lb ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper, in a large skillet. Drain the beef then return it to the skillet and turn off the heat.
Next mix in the goodies that will make the quesadillas taste just like a juicy cheeseburger – ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. I like using 3 parts ketchup to 2 parts mustard to 1 part Worcestershire sauce.
Next lay out 4 large tortillas – regular or gluten free if you need it – and place 1/4 of the seasoned ground beef mixture on one half of each tortilla. Then, layer on the toppings that you would normally include on a cheeseburger. For me that includes chopped tomatoes,
minced white onion, chopped pickles,
and CHEESE! We’re using white Vermont sharp cheddar here but again, use whatever you prefer or have on hand.
Fold the other half of the tortilla over, then cook on a large flat top or regular skillet low and slow over medium heat with a little non-stick spray until golden brown on one side. Flip then cook until golden brown on the other, slide onto a cutting board to cool for 5 minutes, and then slice with a pizza cutter.
Cheesy, satisfying, and filling – just like a regular cheeseburger! – without the muss and fuss of shaping patties, firing up the grill, etc. I hope you love these fun and fabulous Cheeseburger Quesadillas – enjoy!
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas >
- Black Bean & Butternut Squash Quesadillas with Lazy Girl’s Guacamole >
- Easy Southwestern Quesadillas >
- BBQ Chicken, Apple, Bacon, Cheddar Quesadillas >
Cheeseburger Quesadillas are quick, fun, and finger lickin' good! This easy dinner recipe goes from fridge to table in under 30 minutes.
- 1lb ground beef
- salt & pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Toppings: Tomatoes, onions, chopped pickles/relish, shredded cheddar cheese
- Add ground beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat then lightly season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink. Drain then return to the skillet off the heat and stir in in ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce to taste. A good ratio to follow is 3 parts ketchup, to 2 parts mustard, and 1 part Worcestershire sauce.
- Lay tortillas out then spread 1/4 of the seasoned ground beef on one half of each tortilla. Top with toppings of choice then fold over tortilla. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat sprayed with non-stick spray until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Remove to a cutting board to cool for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges with a pizza cutter.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Ok I know some of you are wondering about Ben’s mansagna recipe, but the beauty of the recipe is that there is no recipe! Here’s an outline of what he does:
Brown 1lb ground beef with garlic salt & pepper then drain slightly. Meanwhile, cook 1 box lasagna noodles in salted, boiling water then drain and rinse under cold water. Spread a bit of REALLY good marinara sauce (locals – Gino’s is the way to go) in the bottom of a 9×13 pan then layer in the noodles, more sauce, ground beef, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
So simple, but people RAVE.