My Mom recently sent me this recipe for Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip and it figuratively, and nearly literally, blew my socks off (you know, on account of the spicy hot sauce? I’ll be here all week.) At any rate, this 5 ingredient dip recipe is incredible. The perfect balance of heat and cheese and I think I had, like, 17 servings the first time I made it.
Give or take 10 servings.
This spicy chicken dip is THAT good.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Cream cheese, ranch dressing, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and canned chunk chicken breast are tossed into the crock pot then heated until bubbly. That’s it! So many Buffalo Chicken Dip recipes call for melting some of the ingredients together in a pan on the stove before transferring to a baking dish with more ingredients, then finally baking.
We’re going the ultra easy route: toss all the ingredients into the slow cooker then press on. Couldn’t be easier, and again, addictingly delicious. I’ve had my fair share of buffalo chicken dips and this one seriously hits the spot!
Small Crock Pot Dip Recipe
This is a “small batch” dip recipe in that you only need a 2-3 quart crock pot to warm it in. I recently purchased this 3 quart slow cooker from Target’s Hearth and Hand line by Magnolia. It’s matte cream with a black crock and is just gorgeous.
You know you’re in your 30’s when crock pot designs make your heart go pitter patter!
We have a family-sized 6 quart crock pot that I use for large roasts and soups, but I needed something small for dips and appetizers and this slow cooker is the perfect size.
How to Make Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Again, all you have to do is add all the ingredients into a 2-3 quart slow cooker, stir them up, then press on. You’ll need cream cheese, shredded Colby Jack cheese, canned chunk chicken breast, ranch dressing, and hot sauce. Stir everything up then heat on low for 1-1/2 – 2 hours or until hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
Gluten Free Brands I Use
These are the brands of ingredients I use for this dip which, at the time of this writing, 12/20, are gluten free:
- Canned chunk chicken breast: Swanson brand
- Ranch dressing: Hidden Valley Ranch
- Hot sauce: Frank’s Hot Sauce
Feel free to combine all the ingredients into the crock of your slow cooker up to a couple days ahead of time then plop onto the base right from the fridge. You may need to tack on an additional 30 minutes or so to account for the chilled crock.
I hope you LOVE this spicy, cheesy, easy dip recipe – enjoy!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect appetizer recipe! Cheesy, spicy, and made from just 5 ingredients right in the slow cooker.
- 2, 10oz cans chunk chicken breast (I use Swanson brand)
- 8oz block cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley Ranch)
- For dipping: tortilla chips, carrots, celery
- Add chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing to a 2-3 quart crock pot. Stir to combine then heat on LOW until hot, 1-1/2 - 2 hours, stirring every now and again. Serve with dippers.
- Make ahead: Add all the ingredients into the crock of your slow cooker then refrigerate up to 2 days ahead of time. Place on slow cooker then cook on low for an additional 30 minutes, or until heated through.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.