Open your recipe binder to the “OMG” section, clear a spot, print this recipe out, then stuff it inside. You’ll thank me later!
If you’re a Trader Joe’s fan, you’ve most likely heard the buzz around their Everything But the Bagel Dip which is Greek yogurt combined with their mega popular Everything But the Bagel Seasoning blend. While we DO have a Trader Joe’s in town, I rarely get over there, so, what’s an Everything Bagel Dip-craving gal to do?
Make her own!
I cannot describe to you how delicious the flavor of this low carb dip recipe is. Onion and garlic tend to do that for a dish! We make it as a quick and easy appetizer for every get together, party, and potluck on the calendar and it is ALWAYS a hit. I have to admit, I rarely even measure any of the ingredients. It’s easy enough to wing it!
Homemade Everything Bagel Dip Ingredients
Good news: this dip couldn’t be simpler if it tried. Raid your fridge and spice cupboard for these everyday ingredients:
- Sour cream: While Trader Joe’s makes their everything bagel dip with plain Greek yogurt, personally I much prefer using sour cream for chip and vegetable dips. Full fat please — no lite or fat-free sour cream.
For the Homemade Bagel Seasoning Blend
- Dried minced onions
- White sesame seeds
- Dried minced garlic
- Black sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Sea salt
What Goes Good with Everything But the Bagel Dip?
One of the many reasons why I love this dip with classic everything bagel flavors is because my kids happily eat it with veggies. My middle child literally said “I need the whole bowl.” when I gave him a big scoop with a bunch of baby peppers recently. Winning!
That said, anytime I make this dip for a table of appetizers at a party or potluck, I place it on a platter surrounded by these dunkers:
- Ruffles (the ridges DO make a difference when scooping up this chip-busting dip!)
- Mini peppers sliced in half
- Baby carrots, carrot sticks, or carrot coins
- Cucumber slices
- Celery sticks
- Bagel chips (gluten free obviously if you need it!)
- Pretzels or pretzel chips
- Tortilla chips
How to Make Everything Bagel Dip
Step 1: Make the homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning blend. In a jar or small bowl add dried minced onions, white sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and salt then shake or whisk to combine.
Step 2: Combine with sour cream. Scoop a tub of sour cream into a medium bowl then add 1/3 of the homemade seasoning blend and stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat – ideally at least a couple of hours ahead of time.
- Feel free to use a jar of store-bought Everything Bagel Seasoning to make this dip, instead of making your own. Check out the recipe card for instructions on how much to add to the sour cream base.
- Everything Bagel Dip just gets better as it sits, so feel free to make up to two days ahead of serving it.
- The homemade everything bagel seasoning can be made up to a couple weeks ahead of time. Store in an airtight container such as a mason jar until you’re ready to use.
- The recipe I’m including for Everything Bagel Seasoning makes about 1/2 cup, though you’ll only need 1/3 cup for the dip. Sprinkle the extra few Tablespoons on avocado toast, buttered popcorn, or scrambled eggs, or stir into room temperature cream cheese and (gasp!) spread it onto an actual bagel! ;)
Copycat Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Dip tastes super with fresh crudite but, between you and me, nothing beats a crunchy potato chip and dip. However you eat it – enjoy!
More Irresistible Dip Recipes
- Pickle Wrap Dip
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Cranberry Jalapeno Bacon Dip
- Roasted Garlic and Prosciutto Cream Cheese Dip with Hot Honey
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime!
Copycat Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Dip
No Trader Joe's? No problem! Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Dip is a cinch to make at home. This gluten free chip and vegetable dip is irresistable!
- 1/3 cup Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning blend (see below)
- 16oz sour cream
- For the Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning blend (makes a scant 1/2 cup - you WILL NOT need all of it!):
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend: Combine ingredients in a small jar with a lid or bowl then shake or stir to combine.
- Add sour cream to a medium sized bowl then add 1/3 cup everything bagel seasoning blend and stir to combine. This dip is best served after chilling in the refrigerator for a few hours - it just gets better as it sits! Serve with potato chips and/or crudite.
- Feel free to use a store-bought seasoning blend instead of making your own. Start with 1/4 cup then add more to taste.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.