Unlike permed bangs, shoulder pads, and neon everything, the recipe for The Best Fruit Dip Ever has stood the test of time. My family and I have been enjoying this sweet and yummy fruit dip recipe since the 80s!
(You can’t say the same about acid washed jeans now, can you?)
Our easy fruit dip recipe has stood the test of time with you, too. It’s been a reader favorite for years and years on account of its whippy, fluffy texture, marshmallow-cheesecake-meets-orange-creamsicle flavor, plus the fact that you only need 3 ingredients to make it.
A gorgeous, crowd pleasing dessert that takes minutes to prepare? Here for it!
Serve this Fruit Dip everywhere from baby and bridal showers, to summer get togethers, and festive holiday spreads with lots of fresh fruits, berries, and cookie dippers. Or, my personal favorite, a giant spoon. ;)
What is Fruit Dip Made Of?
Scroll down to the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Marshmallow fluff – Also known as Marshmallow Creme. I use the “Marshmallow Fluff” brand of marshmallow creme, which I find at World Market, as it’s gluten free.
- Softened cream cheese – I typically 1/3 less fat cream cheese in this recipe, though full fat is great too.
- Orange juice concentrate – The frozen kind that comes in a can (speaking of the 80s!) Use the remaining concentrate to make a pitcher of orange juice.
Can I Make this Dairy Free?
Yes ma’am! Simply swap regular cream cheese for the same amount of vegan cream cheese. We like Kite Hill or Violife vegan cream cheeses. If you can taste a little “funk” at the end, add a teaspoon vanilla extract.
In regards to making this recipe completely vegan, marshmallow creme/fluff typically contains eggs so it’s difficult to make this recipe vegan unless you’re able to source or make a homemade, egg-free marshmallow fluff.
Our Favorite Dunkers
I can’t think of a type of fruit or berry that wouldn’t be delicious dolloped with this yummy cream cheese fruit dip, though we’ve always served it with the following:
- Pineapple chunks
- Apple slices
- Sliced bananas
- Mango slices
- Graham crackers
- Nilla wafers
Try This Similar Recipe!
How to Make this Recipe
Start by scooping marshmallow fluff into a large, microwave-safe bowl then heat for 15 seconds to soften it up a bit. Next add thawed orange juice concentrate plus softened cream cheese.
Use a whisk or electric mixer to whip the dip until it’s very smooth without any lumps. Cover the bowl then place it into the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
When it’s time to serve, scoop the dip into a festive bowl then surround it on a platter by your favorite fruits, berries, and dippers. So beautiful!
Why is my Fruit Dip Lumpy?
From time to time you may have little lumps of cream cheese in your whipped fruit dip, which doesn’t affect the flavor of course, but a smooth and creamy dip is part of the presentation.
Hare are my two best tips and pointers for avoiding or troubleshooting lumpy fruit dip:
- Let the cream cheese fully soften. It’s important that your cream cheese is very VERY soft before attempting to mix it with the other ingredients. I leave my cream cheese out for several hours ahead of making the fruit dip.
- Troubleshooting lumpy dip. If, despite your best efforts, you still see a few lumps, let the dip sit on the counter for 20 minutes then blast through it again with a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
How Long does Fruit Dip Last in the Fridge?
Prepared fruit dip will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days, so it’s perfect for making ahead of a party or potluck. This recipe is also great to make on the weekends to dollop into school lunch boxes as a fun treat for the kiddos during the week. My Mom always served it to my brothers and me as after school snacks. :)
Can You Freeze Fruit Dip?
You can freeze this fruit dip safely, but it won’t be quite as airy and fluffy after freezing then thawing. Just something to keep in mind!
More Sweet and Dreamy REcipes
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Whip Fruit Dip
- No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Cheesecake Ball
- Snickerdoodle Almond Butter
- Fruit and Marshmallow Holiday Salad
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
The Best Fruit Dip Ever
The Best Fruit Dip Ever is made from 3 everyday ingredients. Pair this easy fruit dip recipe with your favorite fresh fruit and dig in!
- 7oz gluten free marshmallow fluff
- 8oz 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Fruit for dipping: strawberries, grapes, pineapple, apples, berries, melon
- Spoon marshmallow fluff into a large, microwave safe mixing bowl then microwave for 15 seconds. Add softened cream cheese and orange juice concentrate then whisk or beat with an electric hand mixer until very smooth. Chill for several hours or overnight. Serve with assorted fruit.
- Be sure your cream cheese is very, VERY soft before making this recipe! If your dip has little cream cheese lumps, let the dip sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes then whip again.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.