Chicken Caesar Wraps light and refreshing, plus, they’re perfect for throwing together something tasty last minute!
I know I sound like a broken record, but I seriously cannot believe that Christmas is two days away! Usually around this time of year I feel like I might snap if I hear Christmas Shoes on the radio one more time, but, I don’t know, I feel like I could stand to hear it a few more times… I swear Halloween was just a few weeks ago!
Bahaha, ok, pardon my temporary insanity. If I never hear Christmas Shoes again it’ll be too soon.
At any rate, I tried to fill the weekend with as much Christmas cheer as possible, in between wrapping things up at home before we leave tomorrow morning.
Coffee and Christmas shopping with a friend? Check.
Last minute holiday baking? Done (and coming your way tomorrow!)
Family time? Covered!
Ben and I spent Saturday night at my parent’s place, snuggling by the fire while waiting for my little brother to drive in from Denver.
He and his girlfriend left their place at 8am, got home around 7:15pm, then stayed for about an hour before moving onto her parent’s house in eastern Iowa another 3 hours away.
Just as they got settled in with a hot bowl of chili, we heard the doorbell ring. Not expecting anyone, we all ventured to the door to find…real, live carolers! I didn’t think anyone even did this anymore! Turns out they were old students of my Dad’s, and honest to goodness, he could not have been more thrilled. Pure. Joy. What a fun Christmas surprise. :)
Anyway! This evening, in an effort to clean out the fridge of any perishable items, I threw together some Chicken Caesar Wraps for dinner.
Last week I wrote a guest post on a quick and easy toss together dinner, BBQ Chicken Quesadillas, for La Tortilla Factory’s blog, and had some extra tortillas laying around, so I stuffed ’em with chopped chicken, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and Caesar dressing then said, that’s a wrap on dinner!
Start the wraps by adding 2 cups romaine lettuce into a big bowl. This will make 2 wraps, btw.
Next add 1 chopped roma tomato, and ~1/4 cup sliced red onions.
Now add 1 large chicken breast, or 2 small chicken breasts next. I cooked these by brushing chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then seasoning with garlic salt and pepper, and sauteing in a skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side. THE BEST.
Next drizzle on 2-3 Tablespoons Caesar dressing (I heart Brianna’s Asiago Caesar) then toss everything to coat.
Then break out the tortillas! I used La Tortilla Factory’s 100-Calorie Tortillas which are high in fiber and Omega 3s. Plus they’re HUGE, and made with no partially or fully hydrogenated oils (aka no trans-fats, yo.) Total tortilla winner, in my book!
Place half the chicken caesar mixture onto the front half of the tortilla.
It was at this point in the wrapping process that I heard a little bird chirping behind my shoulder. Let me just show you how to wrap this, mmkay? my wrap-saavy husband informed me.
See, first of all you have too much filling, the tortilla is going to burst…no not in the middle, place the filling towards the front…fold the sides in first!
Beat it! ;)
Ok, I’m glad he helped. It totally would have burst…
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Chicken Caesar Wraps light and refreshing, plus, they're perfect for throwing together something tasty last minute!
- 1 large chicken breast (or 2 small chicken breasts)
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons Caesar dressing
- 2 La Tortilla Factory 100-Calorie Tortillas
- Brush chicken breasts on both sides with extra virgin olive oil then season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side or until no longer pink in the center. Let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and dressing. Toss to combine. Divide mixture between tortillas then roll into a burrito shape. Cut in half then serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
Filling, crispy, savory, and delish – Chicken Caesar Wraps make an awesome lunch, or quick dinner. Try it with those 100 calorie La Tortilla Wraps, too. They really are so soft, big, and amazing!
Month of Holiday Giveaways – THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Give La Tortilla Factory tortillas a try yourself, by entering to win this tortilla variety pack! Sample…
- Smart & Delicious Soft Wrap Minis: 50 calories per wrap, these are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional breads.
- Smart & Delicious 100 Calorie Tortillas: 100 calories per large wrap, each tortilla has added fiber, Omega 3-rich flax seeds, and calcium.
- Original Low Carb High Fiber Tortillas: With 52% of the recommended daily value of fiber, these tortillas are also low calorie, cholesterol-free, and contain no saturated fats, trans fat or hydrogenated oils.