No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is absolutely luscious! Dig into this whippy, 3-ingredient dip recipe with fresh apples and graham crackers. It is such a treat!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to grab an apple, graham cracker, spoon, ladle, shovel, backhoe – ie the largest object you can find – to scoop and transport No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip directly into your mouth. Trust me, you’re going to want it for DEVOURING this festive fall dip!
To say I’m excited to share this recipe with you today is an understatement. I was so pumped about how well it turned out that I misplaced my camera for 30 agonizing hours almost immediately following the photoshoot. And by almost immediately following the photoshoot I of course mean after shoveling No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip into my mouth via graham cracker for a good seven minutes after taking the photos. This dip made me lose my wits!
Truly I was more upset about not having the memory card with the pictures of the dip then I was about losing the actual camera. Replacing the camera would suck for sure, but having to wait to share the recipe and photos for No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip? THE HORROR.
Anyway lucky for you and me, but mostly me, nobody broke into our home and stole my camera, leaving all our other valuable possessions in place (the scenario I settled on around hour 27 of camera-gate.) Ben finally found the stupid thing under the duvet at the foot of our bed which means two things: 1.) I’m *officially* losing my mind, and 2.) I’m able to share this delicious, no-bake dip recipe with you today!
In all seriousness (which I don’t know why I’m saying because all of the above is completely true and felt very serious!) No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is going to become your new favorite fall recipe of all time. Three ingredients – cream cheese, caramel sauce, and whipped topping – are combined to create a whippy, caramel cheesecake dip that’s the definition of divine when scooped onto a fresh apple slice or crunchy graham cracker.
This is a recipe that I knew would be good – but turned out GREAT.
I’d been thinking about making sliced caramel apples versus whole caramel apples as a fun treat for apple-season but then remembered that I kind of hate caramel apples (except when booze is involved, of course!) The idea of caramel apples is fun, but sticky fingers, faces, and teeth, well…aren’t! This dip gives you all the flavor of caramel apples, plus the luxuriousness of cheesecake, without the need for a wet wipe or dental exam. I can’t WAIT for you to try it.
Also, for my dairy-free peeps – check out the recipe card for a way to make this dip DF!
Alright, start by making the easy caramel sauce, which is the same one I used in my Caramel Apple Crisp that so many of you have made and adored! If you want to buy the sauce instead of make it be sure to pick up caramel SAUCE versus caramel DIP, as the latter will be too thick.
If you’re going the homemade route, add 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup half & half, 1/4 cup butter, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat while stirring constantly then turn the heat down and simmer while stirring until the caramel has thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add 1 Tablespoon vanilla (yes, TABLESPOON!) then continue to simmer for 2 more minutes.
Set the caramel aside to cool – you can make it a day or two (or three or four) ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, then microwave for 20-30 seconds to make it pliable but not hot.
Reserve 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce to drizzle on top of the dip when it’s finished then add the rest, which should amount to 1 cup, to a large bowl with 8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese that’s been softened to room temperature. Whisk until smooth then fold in a 9oz tub SoDelicious CoCoWhip.
I recommend this whipped topping, which is coconut-based, even if you’re able to eat dairy – unless of course you are allergic to coconut. The ingredient list is much, much better than other whipped toppings plus it add a great flavor to the dip.
Refrigerate the dip until completely chilled (at least 2 hours or overnight) then scoop into a big serving bowl and drizzle with the reserved caramel plus crushed graham crackers for a little flair. Serve with fresh apple slices and graham crackers then go to town, my friend! I hope you LOVE this luscious, yummy dip! Enjoy!
No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is absolutely luscious! Dip into this whippy, 3-ingredient dip recipe with fresh apples and graham crackers. It is such a treat!
- 8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 9oz SoDelicious CoCoWhip Topping
- sliced apples
- graham crackers
- For the Caramel Sauce* (makes ~1 cup):
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup butter
- dash of salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar, half and half, butter and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly then turn heat down slightly and continue simmering while stirring until mixture has thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla then continue to simmer while stirring for 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool completely - can be done ahead of time.
- Reserve 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce for topping the dip with, then add 1 cup caramel sauce to a large bowl with cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add whipped topping then fold with a spatula to combine. Refrigerate dip until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Scoop dip into a serving bowl then top with reserved caramel sauce and crushed graham crackers (optional) then serve with apple slices and graham crackers.
- If using store bought caramel, be sure to buy caramel SAUCE vs caramel DIP.
- To make this dip dairy free use vegan cream cheese, SoDelicious CocoWhip and, in the caramel sauce, vegan butter and full-fat coconut milk instead of half and half. The caramel sauce won't taste 100% like true caramel, but it's delicious in its own right!
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.