I feel like people feel like they need an excuse to make cinnamon rolls. Holidays? Definitely. Brunch? For sure. A random Wednesday. Certainly not!
Until now – thanks to 8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls! Don’t you just want to pinch their wee, cinnamon-swirled, YEAST FREE CHEEKS?
That’s right – no waiting for dough to double and rise because we’re channeling our inner Sandra Lee and taking help from the grocery store to bust these babies out in record time. All you need is a tube of crescent roll dough, butter, sugar, cinnamon – oh, and 8 minutes – and you’re off to the races.
Dare you to eat just one…
How to Make Mini Cinnamon Rolls:
Start by smacking open a tube of crescent roll dough. (File that under top 5 most satisfying feelings in life.)
Place half the dough next to each other then pinch the seams together.
Flip then repeat.
Next, take a rolling pin then roll the dough into a smooth square about 1/4″ thick.
Brush on 1 Tablespoon butter then sprinkle with cinnamon and add a dusting of brown sugar. No need to measure – just go with your gut!
Roll the dough into a log then cut into 8 even slices.
Place the rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin then bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Aren’t they the cutest? I can’t even describe how delicious they smell warm out of the oven!
As the mini cinnamon rolls bake, mix up a quick icing made from maple syrup, powdered sugar, and a little bit of milk. While the cinnamon rolls are still warm, drizzle a teaspoon or two of the icing on top of each one.
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls
8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls are ready in under 10 minutes. Sweet and poppable, they disappear in minutes!
- 1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- brown sugar
- For the maple icing:
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions. Place half the dough (4 triangles) side by side on a cutting board then pinch all the seams together. Flip then pinch the seams on the back side together.
- Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4" thick. Brush with half the butter then sprinkle with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you want. Roll into a log then cut into 8 pieces.
- Place mini cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile whisk together maple syrup and milk in a bowl. Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
These sweet and poppable bites are tiny enough to sit on a spoon…
but pack BIG, bold flavor! I’d advise making a couple batches – they’ll go fast!