One of the most challenging parts of starting a new job, in my experience, is learning all the crazy acronyms the new company uses more than what seems like actual words in their everyday conversations.
“Kristin, we’re so happy to have you on board here at Company XYZ! Now, did you happen to get the CRUD forms in your email this morning? I know the BURP section looks long, but you can find the HAM numbers for the FLAM fields in the PURR database. Oh, don’t forget we have that meeting to go over the DORP results and HACK strategies at 2pm, mmkay?”
Uhhh, IHNIWYJS (I have no idea what you just said!)
Fast forward several weeks later and I’m usually slingin’ TPS reports with the best of ’em but still, a glossary on the first day would be nice. ;)
One acronym that thankfully needs no explanation in my known world is BLT – Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato. Layers of crispy bacon, cold tomato, and iceberg lettuce smooshed between two slices of toast is certainly good, but a kicked up BLT in the form of a Buffalo Chicken BLAT Wrap is even better!
Let me help you decipher: keep the bacon and tomato then add creamy avocado slices and spicy buffalo chicken, and wrap it all up in crunchy, romaine lettuce leaves instead of bread. CYHT (can you handle that?!)
Start the Buffalo Chicken BLAT Wraps with the chicken. One pound of it. You could use chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces, ground chicken, or chicken tenderloins, which is what you see here.
Next, sprinkle on a little Ranch Dip Mix.
Add a little or a lot – it’s your call. I bet I used 1 Tablespoon of mix for 1lb of chicken tenderloins. Rub the spices into the chicken with your hands. It’s the best way!
Next, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the chicken tenderloins for 3-4 minutes a side, or until they’re no longer pink in the middle.
Remove the cooked chicken to a plate then, when it’s cooled a bit, chop half into bite-sized pieces and mix with buffalo wing sauce, then slice the remaining tenderloins in half lengthwise, and set aside.
Meanwhile, get a few slices of chopped bacon sizzling in a skillet next door.
Tip: To get super crispy bacon on the stove top without burning it, cook it low and slow over medium heat. All the fat gradually renders out and you’re left with perfectly chewy crispy hunks of salty bacon. It’s the best!
Drain the bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate.
While the chicken and bacon are doin’ their thang, turn your attention to 2 tomatoes.
Cut each tomato in half, then thinly slice each half.
Next take on 1 avocado. Simply slice it open, remove the seed, then peel and slice.
Finally, take romaine lettuce hearts, chop off the stem, then rinse and pat the leaves dry.
Fill the lettuce leaves with buffalo or seasoned chicken, bacon, avocado & tomatoes, then wrap & roll!
Low carb wraps that are BIG on taste!
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime!
Buffalo Chicken BLAT Wraps
Buffalo Chicken BLAT Wraps are low on carbs, but big on taste!
- 1lb chicken tenderloins
- 1-2 Tablespoons Ranch dip mix
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Buffalo Wing Sauce (I like Frank's)
- 4-5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- hearts of romaine
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with ranch dip mix and rub in with your hands. Add chicken to hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes a side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Remove chicken to a plate and let cool for a few minutes. Chop half or all into bite-sized pieces and mix with buffalo wing sauce. Slice the remaining chicken in half lengthwise.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half, then thinly slice. Slice avocado in half, pop out the seed, peel, and thinly slice. Cut core off of romaine hearts, then rinse and pat dry.
- Assemble wraps by placing chicken, bacon, tomato, and avocado inside romaine lettuce leaves.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.