You’ve GOT to try tonight’s dinner sometime – Baked Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches!
These were SO incredibly easy to make and would satisfy any fast-food lover’s appetite for a greasy, crunchy fried sandwich! First, I set up 4 breading stations for the pork:
- 1 beaten egg white
- Panko bread crumbs
- Non-stick sprayed baking sheet
Next I cut an 8oz butterflied pork chop in half, then pounded each side out until they were ~1/4 inch thick. Then I liberally seasoned both sides with seasoning salt.
Then, I dipped each chop into a dish with 1 beaten egg white, then into some panko bread crumbs, coating each side well.
Finally, I laid the chops on the baking sheet, pressed a few more crumbs on top, and sprayed the tops with non-stick spray.
Into a 425 degree oven they go, until the chops are golden brown and cooked all the way through, ~8-9 minutes.
Voila – a crispy, crunchy pork tenderloin sandwich that you would have sworn came right from the fryer! SO CRUNCHYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion, a truly delish pork tenderloin sandwich MUST be served on a soft & squishy sesame seed bun, it MUST hang off the end of said bun, and the whole thing MUST be smothered in cold ketchup.
Baked Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
8oz butterflied pork chop
1 egg white, whisked
panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the pork chop in half, then pound each half out until 1/4″ thick. Season both sides with seasoning salt.
- Setup 2 shallow dishes for breading. In one, pour the egg white, in the other pour in panko bread crumbs.
- Dip each chop half in the egg white, then into the bread crumbs. Place on a non-stick sprayed, foil covered baking sheet. Spray the tops with more non-stick spray.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the chops are golden brown and cooked all the way through