I slept 10 hours last night! 8O It was amazing and left me feeling like this:
aka bright eyed and bushy tailed. Also kind of feeling like a sailor in my blue & white stripes and red scarf…or is that Frenchman…either way I feel good. :)
After blogging last night, I laid down to watch a show on English castles (I know) and feel asleep until 8:00. I got up and went straight to bed. Glorious! I didn’t even realize I was that tired until my body literally shut down on the couch – I was asleep in two minutes. It just goes to show you that your body will always tell you what you need – you just have to listen! :D
In breakfast news – I had Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats!
On a placemat that is reminding me of our Spring Break destination…and it’s not the Caribbean. :)
In the mix:
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 1 fat-free French Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
- 1 sliced banana
- sliced almonds
Mix, refrigerate, dine in the a.m.!
Seriously – this bowl is HUGE!! It took me almost 30 minutes to eat last time. I am a total volume eater, so this breakfast is just great for me. Tons of food, not a ridiculous amount of calories and hardly any fat (except good fat from the almonds.) Nice!
Lunch is perhaps my craziest Kitchen Sink Salad combo…mmm, ever!
In the mix:
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby carrots
- Roasted asparagus
- Colby jack cheese
Sorry pickle haters – I just can’t get enough of them! So much so, that I have to include them in my salads.
Drizzled with this EVOO Italian Vinaigrette salad dressing – which, on its own, is not that fantastic but when mixed with a splash of balsamic vinegar, is really good! Takes away that “bottled” dressing taste.
Oh, and a Pink Lady Apple that has definitely seen smoother days! ;)
So, a couple of people have asked me recently about my schedule. What time I go to bed, wake up, blog, workout, etc. Well, let me just take you through a typical day in the life of IGE!
Night before: Get lunch ready, pre-make breakfast (if applicable), put gym bag in the car.
5:30: Alarm goes off – snooze for 10
5:40 – 6:30: Shower, hair, makeup, dress
6:30 – 7:15: Eat breakfast and blog
7:15 – 7:30: Drive to and arrive at work
12:00: LUNCH! :D
2:00: SNACK! :D (it’s the little things that get you through the day!)
4:05: Head to the gym (I use the one at work) and get changed
4:15 – 5:00: Workout
5:30: Arrive home and shower
5:50 – 6:30: Make dinner and eat with Ben
6:30 – 7:00: Blog while Ben cleans up
7:00: Free time!
8:00 7:45: Snack ;)
Time Management tips:
- Take an hour or two on Sundays to start preparing dinners for the week by:
- Chopping veggies
- Roasting chicken
- Cooking quinoa/couscous/brown rice type foods
- Making chili/soups
- Getting things out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge
- Multi task! I marinade stuff or roast my veggies/chicken in the oven while I’m taking a shower after working out.
- Do what you can to prepare things ahead of time, like:
- Packing your lunch and pre-making breakfast before bed
- Putting your gym bag in the car the night before
- Picking out your outfit the night before
- Putting your shoes by the door so you don’t have to dig for them in the morning
- Ask for help. If I’m feeling rushed or have all burners going on the stove at once, I have Ben stir one pot while I watch another, etc. Plus, it’s fun to have your mate/kids/friends in the kitchen!
- Go to bed at a reasonable time. You can’t expect to get up early if you don’t go to bed early!
So there you have it – that’s a typical day in the life of IGE. :D What do you think?
Does your schedule look anything like mine?
Where are the biggest differences?
What are some of your favorite time management tips?
Last day to enter the Chobani Greek Yogurt CHO-Rainbow Variety Pack giveaway! You have 3 chances to enter, by 3pm central tonight! :D