Today I’m sharing a couple of my favorite, lightened-up tailgating recipes to whip up for this weekend’s football game (no matter which team you’re rooting for!). First up, Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip!
My mouth waters at the mere mention of buffalo chicken dip, but I’m usually dodging giant puddles of butter when digging in – blech. This recipe has NO butter, and is lightened up with Greek Yogurt. It’s sensational!!
free email bonus!
5 Day Clean Eating Guide
Fresh and craveable recipes + healthy eating tips!
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip is guilt-free. Spicy and decadent, you won't be able to tell it's lighter than the original!
- 6oz Low-Fat Whipped Cream Cheese
- 6oz Plain Greek Yogurt
- 6oz shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Ranch Dip Mix
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and ranch dip mix. Spread mixture in an 8x8 glass dish and top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and buffalo sauce. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
There are some creamy dips that claim using carrots or celery as dippers is just as good as using chips – that’s a lie. However,t his dip IS just as good with veggies as it is with chips, I promise!
The other recipe I shared was for, Bacon Wrapped Dates.
These sweet & savory bites are ABSOLUTELY irresistible and so easy to make.
Just cut 1 slice lean, center-cut bacon into four sections. Wrap each section around a pitted Medjool or California date, secure with a toothpick, then broil on a cooling rack set atop a cookie sheet for 3 to 4 minutes a side.
You can serve these warm or at room temperature, and pop 5 for under 200 calories. Although, I’ll warn you, you’ll want to eat the entire pan!!
Let me know if you give either one of these recipes a whirl this weekend!