1. Nintendo Universal Super NES Classic Edition or Switch / 2. Herschel Supply Co Travel Bag / 3. The Bigger Carry On / 4. Isaac Moore Ew, David Ball Cap / 5. Glencairn Glass Set / 6. YETI Lowball / 7. JBL Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker / 8. Wooden Chess/Checkers Combo Set / 9. Air Pods Pro + Case / 10. YETI Tundra 65 Cooler / 11. Blue Light Glasses / 12. Hydro Flask / 13. Thermapen / 14. Weighted Blanket / 15. Patagonia Better Sweater Zip Jacket
More Gift Guides:
I feel like men think women are the hardest to shop for, though I seriously beg to differ. Any time I ask Ben what he’d like for Christmas or his birthday, this scene from The Notebook is playing out in my head. What do you want? WHAT, DO YOU WANT?! Lolololololol.
Thankfully I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve for your hard to shop for guy. I curated this Men’s Holiday Gift Guide then had Ben review it – he gave a thumbs up to everything on here after axing a few things I thought were pretty cute. Drumstick Pens, we hardly knew ye.
Anyway, if your guy likes gaming, sports, traveling, or anything in between, I hope you find a fun idea for him here!
Men’s Holiday Gift Guide:
1. Nintendo Universal Super NES Classic Edition: Ben recently found my childhood Super NES in a box in our basement and it STILL WORKS!! We pretended to be teenagers again and played for a couple hours last Saturday night. The second I heard the opening music I was transported back to my parents basement circa 1993 and it was ah-mazing. If you’ve got 30-40 year old guy in your life, chances are pretty high that he’ll love this gift. If your dude is more of a here and now guy, you can’t go wrong with a Nintendo Switch.
2. Herschel Supply Co Travel Bag: Every guy should have a nice place to keep their stuff while traveling but if yours is anything like mine, he’ll use a gallon ziplock bag until you remedy the situation. Problem solved with this spiffy, roomy toiletries bag. It’s the gift they didn’t know they wanted until they receive it. ;)
3. The Bigger Carry On: My brother travels a ton for work and this carry on compliant suitcase with a phone/device charging feature built into the bag is on his Christmas list this year. It’s really slick! A set of packing cubes would be a nice surprise to tuck into the bag. Ben has and loves this set.
4. Isaac Morris E, David Ball Cap: If you know, you know. Such a fun gift.
5. Glencairn Glass Set: Ben is a whiskey buff (more on that below) and Glencairn glasses are his absolute favorite to sip from. It’s all about the bell shape and thinness of the glass at the rim. Per Ben! We first learned about this style of glass in Charleston when we went 6(ish) years ago and it’s pretty much all he’s used since.
6. YETI Lowball: For your outdoor and/or tailgate-loving guy who also loves a good cocktail. This would be a fun gift to match with his favorite sports team’s colors.
7. JBL Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker: Ben actually gifted this speaker to me for my birthday this past summer and we are so happy with it. Great for summer patio nights or bringing along on a hike or bike ride since it’s waterproof. Here’s the silicone case we also got.
8. Wooden Chess/Checkers Combo Set: For your game loving dude! Ben was teaching Lincoln how to play checkers at Bass Pro Shop this past weekend which made me think of it as a fun and sweet gift idea.
10. YETI 65 Tundra Cooler: Ben bought a YETI 45 Tundra Cooler after much, much (MUCH) deliberation and while we LOVE this cooler, he wish he would’ve splurged on the 65. Can’t beat YETI’s insulated cooler at any size, but the 65 gives you max cooler capacity!
11. Blue Light Glasses: If your guy is on his phone or computer often for work or pleasure, Blue Light Glasses are a must for a man living in this digital age!
12. Hydro Flask: Ben got two of these water bottles he loves them so much! Super sturdy and high quality, it’s a useful and practical gift that’s not socks.
13. Thermapen: The one, then only, Thermapen. Ben is obsessed with ours. If your guy loves to cook, grill, or smoke meat, this is a must have for him.
14. Weighted Blanket: This is one gift I gave Ben that I truly feel like he was surprised and delighted by, and uses every day. The man can NAP under this thing!! it’s a fun and unique gift.
15. Patagonia Better Sweater Zip Jacket: Good for girls AND guys! Truly this is a high quality, attractive jacket that will last a really long time. In the Midwest it’s wearable three seasons out of four so it will definitely get some use from the recipient.
What are you getting a guy in your life this year for the holidays?