The increasing amount of shoe squeaks coming from my television can only mean one thing – March Madness is here! Whether you’re a fan of college basketball or not, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are literally bringing the heat and are the perfect thing to snack on while watching your favorite teams battle it out on the court. Or simply for a Wednesday night dinner.
Buffalo chicken is versatile like that.
Truly, I got a hankering for these cheesy, crispy, spicy quesadillas one day last week and couldn’t stop thinking about them until I made them. They are so good, and incredibly filling!
The recipe for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas is also super super simple. Mix shredded chicken with buffalo wing sauce for spice, chopped green onions for zip, then layer with shredded cheese between two gluten free tortillas. Brown, flip, BOOM. Time to eat!
As good as these quesadillas are hot and melty, they’re also just as delicious warm or even room temperature, so make a huge platter of them to graze on while watching the game. Fizzy drink accompaniment optional but highly recommended!
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- This “recipe” is more of a concept than a strict, must-follow recipe. Use as little or as much cheese and wing sauce as you like. Don’t overthink it!
- Rotisserie chicken is great to use in these quesadillas. I seasoned chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper then Air Fried and shredded.
- I use Mexican-blend shredded cheese but shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar would be great too. Use what you’ve got on hand.
- No plate of Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas would be complete without a sidecar of ranch dressing. I like my Homemade Ranch Dressing.
Spicy, cheesy, hot and crispy – you are going to LOVE this recipe!!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
To a bowl, add shredded chicken, chopped green onions, and as much buffalo wing sauce as you like the stir to combine. I like Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, which is gluten free at the time of this writing (3/21).
Next, heat a flat skillet or griddle over medium heat then spray with nonstick spray. Place a tortilla down (I like Mission gluten free tortillas,) then add a thin layer of shredded Mexican-blend cheese followed by the buffalo chicken mixture.
Sprinkle more cheese on top, followed by another tortilla, then flip when the bottom side is golden brown.
Cook until the second side is golden brown then slide the quesadilla onto a cooling rack to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Last step is to slice that bad boy up then serve it with a side of Ranch dipping sauce. I prefer my Homemade Ranch Dressing, of course! However you serve it, I hope you love this spicy, cheesy quesadilla recipe – enjoy!
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are hot, cheesy, and crispy - in other words, totally addicting! Make as a quick lunch or dinner recipe.
- gluten free tortillas (I like Mission GF Tortillas)
- shredded chicken (see notes)
- buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- chopped green onions
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ranch dressing, for dipping
- Add shredded chicken to a bowl with chopped green onions and your desired amount of buffalo wing sauce. Stir to combine.
- Heat a flat griddle or skillet over medium heat then spray with nonstick spray. Place a tortilla onto the skillet then sprinkle on a layer of cheese followed by the shredded chicken mixture. Sprinkle on another layer of cheese then place another tortilla on top.
- Once the tortilla on the bottom has browned, flip then continue cooking until the second tortilla has browned. Remove quesadilla to a cutting board or cooling rack then let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into wedges. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
- I like to Air Fry chicken breasts seasoned with garlic salt and pepper, then shred.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.