I’ve got a total Monday meal for you!
You know how it goes on Monday evenings — work’s been a bear and by the time dinner rolls around, cooking anything elaborate pretty much sounds like the most awful thing on the planet (who, me? Dramatic?) Enter Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet.
This meal takes just 1 skillet and 15 minutes to make, and while you might have to stop by the store for 1 or 2 ingredients, I bet you’ve already got the rest on hand.
Chicken breasts are simply seasoned then sauted, and then drizzled with a luscious yet easy pan sauce made from spreadable herb cheese, chicken broth, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. This is SUCH a great way to jazz up a plain ol’ pack of chicken breasts. You’d never in a million years guess its so easy to make by the way it tastes, and is so delicious that its definitely company worthy.
I’ve really gotten into using fresh herbs over the past year or so, as they’re a fantastic way to add lots of flavor to a dish for nearly no extra fat nor calories. Did you plant any herbs this spring? I’ve got oregano, sage, basil, thyme, and chives workin’ away!
How to Make This Recipe
Start by sauteing chicken breasts that have been pounded to an even thickness then brushed with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked all the way through. Remove to plate then set aside.
Turn the heat down to medium then saute minced shallot in extra virgin olive oil until softened, about 1 minute.
Next add 5oz spreadable herb cheese to the skillet.
I like Boursin spreadable cheese, but Laughing Cow or even herbed goat cheese would be fantastic. I love this stuff as it’s pre-seasoned and adds TONS of flavor to the dish for nearly no effort.
Next add chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet.
Finally add fresh chopped herbs for a burst of freshness, then stir until smooth. I like chopped tarragon, but feel free to use any herb like basil, parsley, or chives. It really reawakens the herb flavor already in the cheese.
Place the chicken breasts onto plates then spoon the creamy herb sauce over the top. Pair with a veggie side, or piece of crusty bread, then serve. So easy, right?! I hope you love this simple yet scrumptious chicken breast recipe – enjoy!
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime!
Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet
Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet is a crowd-pleasing, 15 minute chicken dinner recipe that's easy to whip up any night of the week!
- 4 small chicken breasts, pounded thin
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 5oz gluten free spreadable herb cheese (like Boursin)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 small lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, or basil, or parsley, or chives
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then season both sides with salt and pepper. Cook in an extra virgin olive oil or nonstick sprayed skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink in the center then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium then add extra virgin olive oil and shallots. Saute until shallots are slightly softened, about 1 minute, then add herb cheese, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Stir until creamy then add fresh herbs and stir to combine. Place chicken breasts onto plates then spoon the sauce on top and serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.