Last week I had the opportunity to spend some time on a turkey farm in northwest Iowa then later that afternoon the farmer invited me over for a turkey feast with his family. Among the dishes we devoured was Easy Salsa Turkey Meatloaf, and it. Was. Divine.
The meatloaf was the first thing I smelled after walking into their kitchen prompting me to immediately ask for the recipe. I was pumped to learn it couldn’t be easier to make so I gave it an IGE spin and came up with Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaves for your chowing pleasure!
99% fat-free ground turkey breast is mixed with salsa, cheddar cheese, an egg, garlic, and spices then shaped into mini loaves and baked. We’re talking 30 minutes from fridge to table, and everybody gets their own little loaf. Too sweet!
You would never guess these mini meatloaves were made with lean ground turkey. They are so juicy from the salsa, which not only keeps them from drying out in the oven, but also gives the dish a ton of flavor. You will totally dig these!
Start the Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaves with 1lb 99% fat-free ground turkey breast.
Next add 1 cup heaping gluten-free Rice Chex processed into 1/2 cup crumbs OR 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs if you don’t need the dish to be gluten-free, plus 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. I loved how the cheddar cheese formed little cheddar pockets all throughout the meatloaves and also created a crispy, savory crust on the bottom. So yum.
Next add 1/2 cup of your favorite gluten-free salsa plus 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 whisked egg, salt, and pepper.
Mix with your hands until just combined then divide the turkey mixture into 4 sections, shape into mini loaves, and then place onto a nonstick sprayed baking sheet.
Bake the mini meatloaves for 20-24 minutes at 425 degrees then serve, slice, and enjoy!
- Mini Mediterranean Turkey Meatloaves >
- Mini BBQ Cheddar Meatloaves >
- Mini Muffuletta Meatloaves >
- Stuffed Italian Mini Meatloaf >
- Mini Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaves >
5 Secrets to the Coziest Christmas Ever
have your best christmas ever...at home!
Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaves
Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaves are a healthy and flavor-packed 30 minute meal.
- 1lb 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup gluten-free salsa
- 1 heaping cup Rice Chex processed into 1/2 cup crumbs OR 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs (dish will not be GF if using traditional bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup (2oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal-sized portions then form into loaves and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center, then let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
I served my Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaves with a side of Mexican Rice >. This side, using long grain jasmine rice, chicken or veggie broth, and the same salsa I used in the turkey meatloaves is really easy too, and so dang good. I am such a sucker for the rice from my favorite Mexican restaurant, and this recipe is the closest I’ve found to replicating it.