I’ve been eating my weight in raw vegetables recently thanks to homemade, 5 ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip. This 5 ingredient sour cream dip recipe comes together in about 30 seconds and is deliciously cool, creamy, and full of chive flavor. It is SO addicting!
Something I always get a kick out of is ex-Iowans commenting on a post where I show either a HyVee or AE Dairy product telling me how much they miss them. I guess “kick” isn’t the right word because I feel for them – I really do – but I just so get it. There’s no better grocery store then HyVee and AE Dairy is known for their legendary sour cream-based dips, including Chive Dip. The only problem is that the dips aren’t gluten-free.
Enter my copycat recipes! Like I said, this dip calls for just 5 ingredients, and is perfectly satisfying.
- Use a sour cream that you like all on its own. That might seem like a given but I tested this dip recipe using a sour cream brand I’m not familiar with and didn’t love the outcome. Surprise, surprise, I like AE sour cream the best.
- Refrigerate the dip for at least 12 hours before eating as the flavors really do need time to meld.
- Don’t limit your dipping to just vegetables and chips – I added a dollop into Cameron’s taco bowl after getting a little too spice-crazy with my taco seasoning blend and it was delicious! I imagine a spoonful of Sour Cream and Chive Dip added to a bowl of chili or paired with smoked salmon and capers would be DIVINE.
Like I said, just one direction needed to make this recipe: stir stuff together in a bowl then refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Said stuff includes 16oz sour cream (again, be sure to use a sour cream that you like all on its own,) 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives, the green ends of 2 green onions that have been chopped, 2 teaspoons onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Note: I think the real dip has way more salt then my recipe, so if you want more, add more. :)
Stir then refrigerate overnight, or longer, then serve with any and all vegetables or chips. I hope you love this EASY, creamy, totally delectable dip! Enjoy!
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Sour Cream and Chive Dip
Sour Cream and Chive Dip is perfect for dunking into with chips and vegetables! Tastes just like store-bought but you control the ingredients. There's only 5!
- 16oz sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- green ends of 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then refrigerate for AT LEAST 12 hours before serving with chips and/or crudite.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.