Although school is officially in session around here, I’m squeaking in one final summery recipe before transitioning to soups, chilis, and comforting one pot meals (fall cooking, I’m comin’ for ya’!) I just couldn’t wait another year to share this EPIC, fresh and festive Sweet Corn Caprese Salad recipe with you!
Caprese Sweet Corn Salad
Fresh, raw sweet corn kernels are sliced from the cob then combined with classic Caprese Salad ingredients including tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese. INCREDIBLE. Also added to the mix are sliced green onions for a zippy contrast to the sweet corn kernels, as well as pre-made Italian dressing, and lots of salt and pepper. SUPER simple to whip up, and packed full of flavors and textures.
If you’ve tried my Peach Caprese Salad recipe then you know how well a sweet flavor pairs with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Match made in heaven!
Mix this caprese corn salad recipe up then let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes or up to a few hours, to give the flavors a chance to meld. Serve alongside any protein, though I’m thinking something grilled like my Grilled Pork Tenderloin would be fantastic.
Ok, less talking, more eating! Let’s do this!
How to Make This Recipe
Sweet Corn Caprese Salad falls into the “throw stuff in a bowl then stir” category so take out a large mixing bowl then add fresh sweet corn kernels sliced from the cob (again, RAW) sliced cherry or grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese pearls, sliced green onions, and chopped fresh basil.
How to Slice Corn Kernels from the Cob
Here is my go-to method for slicing fresh corn kernels off the cob:
- Lay the shucked cob on a large cutting board then slice off one side with a sharp knife.
- Rotate the cob so the flat, sliced side is against the cutting board then slice off another side.
- Keep rotating/slicing until all the kernels are sliced off.
Watch How to Do It!
Lastly drizzle on your favorite Italian dressing then add lots of salt and pepper. I highly recommend my BEST EVER Italian Vinaigrette but will also admit to having three bottles of Bisignano’s Italian Dressing in my pantry at all times. It’s only sold here locally, unfortunately, but if you can get your hands on a bottle you will flip for it. Best. Dressing. EVER!
Give the Sweet Corn Caprese Salad a big toss to coat then let it sit for 15-30 minutes (or up to a few hours) to let the flavors meld. Oh my gosh, this simple caprese corn salad recipe is so, so good! I hope you’re able to give it a try before sweet corn season comes to a close – enjoy!
- Napa Sweet Corn Salad >
- Peach Caprese Salad >
- Avocado and Chicken Caprese Salad >
- Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Drizzle >
- Caprese Pasta Salad >
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Sweet Corn Caprese Salad
Sweet Corn Caprese Salad is a fun twist on the classic Caprese Salad. Serve this simple summer salad recipe with a grilled main, or all on its own.
- 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese pearls (or an 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese ball cut into cubes)
- 2 cups raw sweet corn kernels (~2 large ears)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (see notes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl then toss to combine. Let sit for 15-30 minutes then serve. Can be made several hours ahead of time.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.