Prep the candy, costumes, and pumpkin buckets – Halloween’s a-comin’!
I still remember the giddiness my brothers and I felt every beggar’s night (we actually don’t trick-or-treat on Halloween around here. Right.) I mean, dressing up like little bats, mad scientists, and wrinkly witches? Running around the neighborhood after dark? Limitless candy?
Yes, yes, and heck yes!
This year, plan on “saving” (aka confiscating #noshame) some of your kids’ candy to make these epic Apple Snicker Nachos the day after Halloween – if you can wait that long!
Apple Snicker Nachos are fresh apple slices topped with gooey melted caramel, a silky milk chocolate drizzle, crunchy peanuts, and chopped Snickers bars. Think deconstructed, over-the-top caramel apple that’s indulgent yet fresh, and the perfect combo of chewy, creamy and crunchy.
The best part is that Apple Snicker Nachos are made with common Halloween treats that I guarantee will be brought home, plus they’re ready in just 5 minutes. Seriously couldn’t be simpler!
- Room temperature apple. It’s important that the apple is room temperature vs refrigerated because if the slices are cold then the warm chocolate and caramel drizzles will harden almost immediately. Use any apple you like, though I prefer a more tart variety like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp to cut through the sweetness.
- Caramel squares
- Fun size Hershey Chocolate Bars
- Fun Size Snickers
- Chopped peanuts
How to Make This Recipe
Start by slicing the apple and arranging it on a plate. Use whatever type you have on hand but again, a crisp and tart apple like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp tastes great under the super-sweet toppings.
Next, unwrap the caramel squares and place them in a small bowl with 1/4 teaspoon milk. Microwave 45 seconds to a minute, stirring every 15 seconds, then drizzle over the apple slices.
Repeat the melting, stirring, and drizzling part with the chocolate bars.
Finally, sprinkle with chopped Snickers and peanuts.
I can’t tell you how happy this picture makes
my inner 10 year old me. All. The. Things! Share this pinwheel of pleasure with a friend (or 2) for a sweet and decadent treat. It will knock your socks off!
free email bonus
5 Secrets to the Coziest Christmas Ever
5 days of festive gluten free recipes and projects for your best Christmas yet!
Apple Snicker Nachos
Apple Snicker Nachos are layers of fresh apple slices, gooey caramel, chopped Snickers, and crushed peanuts. A delicious and indulgent treat!
- 1 large apple (I like Honeycrisp or Granny Smith), at room temperature
- 6 caramel squares, unwrapped
- 1/4 teaspoon milk
- 3 snack-size Hershey's chocolate bars
- 2 fun-size Snickers bars, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon peanuts, chopped
- Slice apple then arrange on a large plate. Unwrap chocolate bars, break in half, then place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds, or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle over apple slices. Unwrap caramels, place in a microwave-safe bowl with milk and microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute, or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle over apple slices. Sprinkle apples which chopped Snickers and peanuts then serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.