I am this excited to share today’s Week of Thanksgiving Favorites recipe with you: Party Potatoes Deluxe!
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!! (Hey, there’s a time and a place for multi exclamation points, and this is definitely it!)
Party Potatoes Deluxe is my Mom’s specialty potato dish that she serves every year for not only Thanksgiving, but also Christmas, Easter and every special occasion in between. I can’t remember a single holiday over the last 25+ years where it hasn’t been served.
In case you hadn’t picked up on it, butter puts the deluxe in Party Potatoes Deluxe. And the party, for that matter. It gives the creamy dish a rich and decadent flavor, and the crushed cornflake crumbs on top an audible crunch.
While mashed potatoes & gravy will always have their place at the Thanksgiving table, my family will always make room for Party Potatoes Deluxe!
free email bonus!
Dinner Made EASY!
simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime
Party Potatoes Deluxe
Party Potatoes Deluxe are a staple at my family's holiday get-togethers. Creamy, crunchy, and decadent!
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1lb country-style frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 1/4 cup butter in an 8x8 casserole dish in the oven while it heats.
- Meanwhile, combine hash browns, green onion, sour cream, cheese and soup in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to the casserole dish after the butter has melted. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in the microwave, then mix with crushed cornflakes. Sprinkle on top of the potatoes then bake for 15 more minutes.
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.
This ultimate potato dish is definitely a bit high on the calorie scale, but for a special holiday, it’s worth the splurge. Hope you’ll give it a shot (I know Iowa Mom Eats would be very pleased!)