Try this easy and elegent, baked brie appetizer the next time you’ve got company!
Puff Pastry Wrapped Brie & Pumpkin Butter
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 baby brie wedge*
3-4 Tablespoons pumpkin butter**
splash of water
*You can also use a wheel of brie
**You can use any flavor of sweet or savory jam or preserves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the puff pastry sheet out on a cutting board and smooth creases so there are no holes. Unwrap brie.
2. Spread pumpkin butter in the shape of the brie wedge on the puff pastry and lay your cheese on top.
3. Wrap your puff pastry around the cheese, pinching tightly to seal where the pastry overlaps (you may want to trim a little of the pastry as you are wrapping.)
4. Use a strip from your scraps to seal the seam on the pastry.
5. Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with non-stick spray and place cheese, seam side down, on the baking sheet.
6. Whisk egg with a splash of water and brush top of puff pastry with a thin layer.
7. Bake puff pastry for 17-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cheese to cool and re-set for 20 minutes before cutting into it.
8. Serve with crackers and fruit!