Lincoln’s favorite food on the planet right now is burgers – he’d eat them every single night if he could but…everyone’s getting a little sick of burgers! These Cheeseburger Quesadillas though? Can’t get enough. They’re crispy, cheesy, and seriously irresistable.
We’ve been eating them on repeat over the past few weeks – they are such a treat!
Watch How to Make Them
Browned ground beef is mixed with ketchup and mustard then layered in a tortilla with shredded cheddar cheese, your favorite burger toppings (I love diced onion and pickles), topped with MORE cheese, then crisped in a hot skillet. Want to add bacon? You should. Sauteed mushrooms? Go for it!
That said, I’m not including any ingredient measurements in the recipe card. No need! One component I am including specifics for is the Special Sauce you’ll want to smother each bite in. Cannot have burgers – in any form – without special sauce.
Best of all, we always have the ingredients to make Cheeseburger Quesadillas on hand so I can brown a pound of ground beef then quickly make these for lunch, dinner, or a late night snack (pairs well with wine, just saying) any time I want. SO GOOD! Let’s do this.
How to Make This Recipe
Start by adding browned ground beef to a bowl with ketchup and mustard. I like using a 2:1 ratio of ketchup to mustard but it’s totally up to you. One thing I will say is that you want the mixture to be more on the saucy vs dry side.
Heat a flat skillet or griddle over medium heat then spray with nonstick spray. Place a tortilla down (I like Mission gluten free tortillas,) then add a thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese, followed by the ground beef mixture.
Next add your favorite toppings. I went with lots of diced white onion and pickles.
Lastly, add another thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese and top with another tortilla.
Cook until both sides are crisp then slide onto a cutting board, wait five minutes, and slice. Mix up the ingredients for the Special Sauce (recipe below) then DEVOUR. I hope you love this mouthwatering classic cheeseburger with a twist! Enjoy!
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes
- Homemade Crunchy Taco Hamburger Helper
- Koren Beef Lettuce Wraps / Bowls
- OMG-Good Goulash
- Beef and Veggie Enchilada Skillet
- Mini Taco Meatloaves
- Mini BBQ Cheddar Meatlaoves
free email bonus
Dinner Made EASY
5 days of simple yet flavorful recipes that take the stress out of dinnertime!
Cheeseburger Quesadillas are quick, fun, and finger lickin' good! This easy dinner recipe goes from fridge to table in under 30 minutes.
- ground beef, browned with salt and pepper then drained
- gluten free tortillas (I like Mission brand)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped onions, chopped pickles, chopped bacon, etc.
- For the Special Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1 Tablespoon minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- For the Special Sauce: Add ingredients to a bowl then stir to combine. Can be made several days in advance.
- Add cooked ground beef to a bowl then add ketchup and mustard to taste (I usually go with 2 parts ketchup to 1 part mustard.) You'll want the mixture to be more "saucy" vs dry.
- Heat a flat griddle or skillet over medium heat then spray with nonstick spray. Place a tortilla onto the skillet then sprinkle on a thin layer of cheddar cheese followed by the ground beef mixture. Add desired toppings then sprinkle on another thin layer of cheese and place a tortilla on top.
- Once the tortilla on the bottom has browned, flip then continue cooking until the second tortilla has browned. Remove quesadilla to a cutting board then let cool for 5 minutes before slicing with a pizza cutter. Serve with Special Sauce.
- Leave a comment and star rating if you loved the recipe! Thank you for considering!
- This recipe was originally published in 2015 and included a dash of worcestershire sauce in the ground beef mixture, which you may add if you like!
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.